Guest speaker, Mr David Marchant AM, former managing director of Lend Lease Engineering, delivered a wealth of information at the inaugural Building & Construction Insights Series event held at Sydney’s Doltone House on Thursday 27 March 2014.
More than 40 attendees, including 30 representatives from Australia’s leading manufacturing and construction companies, turned out to hear David offer insights into the future of Australia’s construction industry and to network with industry experts and professionals over canapés.
The session started with an overview of the sector, comparing the performance of key segments against actual and forecast averages. Most segments remained relatively neutral with railways, telecommunications and gas pipelines showing the most promise.
Other key insights included:
- confidence in the economy has slowed and is affecting the housing market
- Western Australia and Queensland are leading the growth in engineering construction
- contractors expect a significant decline in building work but, while a slight decline is likely, it will not be as severe as expected.
Feedback after the event was extremely positive with attendees saying they were impressed by David’s depth and breadth of knowledge and his ability to translate complex market information into practical and useful insights.
Founded and supported by Trade Advertising and Writeaway Communication + Events, Building & Construction Insights is a networking group for marketers and managers in building and construction sectors.
If you would like to know more about upcoming Building & Construction Insights events contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why it's so important to write factually and combat fake news
- Etiquette tips to make sure your video meetings are productive, engaging and short
- How to start a new job entirely from home
- Four reasons your executives need a media training refresher
- How to adapt marketing communications to an unpredictable world
- Is your business ready to be a thought leader?