Technology integration in residential, commercial and industrial applications is now standard. This is evident with the extensive penetration of tablets such as Apple iPad in homes and offices, as well as shops, schools, hotels, restaurants, hospitals, medical centres and even on construction sites. Since its release in 2010, Apple has sold over 250 million iPads worldwide . Paired with the shift towards home automation, iPort recognised the need to enhance the usability and accessibility of smart devices like the iPad.
The new Surface Mount from iPort offers a secure home for tablets in residential, commercial or industrial applications. The Surface Mount lets home and business owners safely and seamlessly integrate the device into the home or workplace, providing a central point for control and charging.
Combined with a vast selection of apps, home appliances and entertainment devices, the Surface Mount can be used to control virtually all facets of the home from switching playlists on the audio player to enabling alarm systems. In conference rooms, the Surface Mount can be used to display meeting information while cafes may find this practical for processing orders and digitally stamping customer loyalty cards.
Offering a versatile and simple installation for any wall surface, Surface Mount can be mounted onto Gyprock, brick, wood, concrete and even glass. The specialised glass mounting kit securely fastens the bezel onto a glass surface and also has a cover for the back of the bezel which creates a seamless finish when viewing from behind.
Powered by a PoE Switch or 24V DC power supply, the electronics (PoE Splitter) for the Surface Mount can be housed within any wall box whether it is single or double gang, European, UK or US. It can also be installed in any orientation, making it useful for covering up patches where previous devices hung.
Once the mounting bracket has been installed, simply attach the bezel to the iPad and snap the bezel onto the mounting frame. Offering peace of mind, a security locking facility securely fastens the bezel to the mounting bracket to ensure the tablet remains firmly in place. Built to last, the bezel is made of high-grade precision aluminium.
Available in black, white and silver, Surface Mount is a seamless and contemporary way to integrate technology into the home or workplace.
Pricing and availability
- Surface Mount for iPad Air 2 and 1, RRP $889, available now
- Surface Mount for iPad mini 3, 2 and 1, RRP $799, available now
- Surface Mount for iPad mini 4, RRP $799, available now
- PoE Splitter (24V), RRP $219, available now
- PoE Injector (24V), RRP $99, available now
For further information contact distributor Amber Technology: 1800 251 367, www.ambertech.com.au
For more information on iPort, visit www.iportproducts.com
- Jargon and buzzwords: why you need to drop them from all your copy
- Write Away rebrands and launches new website
- How to manage your brand's social media during uncertain times
- Why you need a communications expert in times of business uncertainty
- 10 ways to maintain professionalism even if you’re not in the office
- Five ways to establish a routine when working from home