As the colder months creep in, ensure outdoor metal furniture is well protected from damage caused by harsh winter weather. Attending to chipped or rusty paint on metal furniture now can extend the lifespan of tables and chairs, providing years of outdoor enjoyment.
With a fresh coat of Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint, outdoor settings, metal planter pots and tools will not only look brand new, but will also have added protection. The DUALTECH technology provides a two way protection by repelling water and stopping rust, keeping the metal stronger for longer.
Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint is a ‘one tin’ solution, performing as a primer, undercoat and top coat – saving time and money. Available in either paint or aerosol, choose from a range of colours in smooth, satin or hammered finish.
The quick drying and easy to use paint allows homeowners and DIY enthusiasts to complete an outdoor setting restoration project in a single weekend. Using a unique alkyd technology, the special metal paint forms a touch barrier that sheds moisture to provide long lasting protection of up to eight years rust protection.
– Wire brush or sandpaper
– Dishwashing detergent
– Newspaper or drop-sheet
– Face mask
– Hammerite™ Direct to Rust Metal Paint Aerosol
1. Store aerosol at room temperature for two hours prior to use.
2. Remove rust and loose paint with a wire brush or coarse sandpaper.
3. Using water and a diluted detergent wash down thoroughly to remove all dust, grease and dirt which may prevent the paint from sticking to the surface. Rinse with clean water.
4. Place a drop-sheet or newspaper around the surrounding area to catch any spills or drips.
5. Ensuring the surface is dry, test spray on a small inconspicuous area to ensure surface compatibility and finish suitability.
6. Shake can vigorously, in a vertical motion until the agitator ball is heard and then shake for another three minutes.
7. Apply light even coats, from a distance of approximately 15cm to 30cm and keep the aerosol moving, ensure not to concentrate spray in one spot.
8. Apply several thin coats paying particular attention to corners and edges and allow 15 minutes between coats.
9. Between coats (and after final use) invert can and spray for two seconds to avoid blockages.
Hammerite™ Direct to Rust Metal Paint Aerosol RRP $18.16 (285g)
Images: Provided by Melissa Darr of DIY and lifestyle blog The Whimsical Wife
Consumer enquiries: 1300 745 536 or www.hammerite.com.au or visit the Facebook or YouTube page for inspiration.
- Why it's so important to write factually and combat fake news
- Etiquette tips to make sure your video meetings are productive, engaging and short
- How to start a new job entirely from home
- Four reasons your executives need a media training refresher
- How to adapt marketing communications to an unpredictable world
- Is your business ready to be a thought leader?